Thread: Jamie Lundmark
View Single Post
Old
03-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
think about what you're saying...if Renney... I have zero confidence in Renney at this point. I don't know the agenda under which they worked for Tyutin...must've been ready prior to his knee injury (since he was ready after), but didn't get the call-up. Think he was rushed into that duty, was given a fair chance - started out shaky, made some mistakes, but they kept putting him out there, and he's made the best of it. Jamie...well, I can't say the same can be said for him. They're expecting him to produce with Lacouture and Ortmeyer...why? Jamie's not going to be the guy who creates all the opportunities and takes control of the game, so he's not going to make it happen with two fourth liners. He's a complementary player who needs space, which he doesn't command and thus doesn't operate in. He's got a great shot and a nose for the net. He has good speed and good hands. He's pretty intelligent too. Why not give him a chance in another role? Would it hurt to put him to Mess' left after Simon left? Would he have looked better on Nedved's left as opposed to Hlavac? Why won't this kid get that type of chance? Let's see what he has.
I'm not disputing he should have had Hlavac spot 15 games into the season. Anyone could tell that. Like I said give him more icetime, but I thinks it fair to say he's dissapointed so far.

As far as his comparisons to Nolan and Bertuzzi, Lundmark is not a powerforward, and those guys clearly had the talent level. Jaime looks somewhat slow and weak. I used to think he had some real speed, I dont know what happened to it.