View Single Post
Old
07-27-2007, 03:35 AM
hardcore_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Leverage, yeah right dude. Thats a pretty bold hand to play if I was an RFA. Personally, my least favorite team to ever play in right now would be either Toronto or Anaheim. If either of them offered me almost a 1000% raise to play there, and I accepted it under the tactic that I was going to use them as leverage, it would be the stupidest move ever made in pro sports next to Kariya and wherever he's went/goes. Not only do I risk going to the place I absolutely hate, but I also give up 5 years of my life to it. And no, crying foul and demanding a trade will not work with this contract, because I'm no Chris Pronger.
And why exactly is what you would do relevant to this in any way, shape or form?It isn't that they're going somewhere they "hate".I doubt any of them have some personal vendetta against Edmonton.What I'm saying is that regardless of the team that gives the offer sheet, signing it guarantees they'll make that amount.

Last edited by hardcore_fan: 07-27-2007 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Hit submit too fast
hardcore_fan is offline   Reply With Quote