View Single Post
Old
03-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Un Prophete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
And I gave you a Y-E-S.

I believe in my heart that its wrong. Maybe you do and maybe you don't. I am not saying I hate gay people, I just dissagree with them and I believe marriage is reserved for a man and a woman. Where does it end? Can a guy marry his sister or brother? Can a mother marry her son? This nation is leaning more and more to the left which is not a good thing IMO. I believe gay marriage is part of detiorating values in our country.

Calling me a fascist is just plain ignorant. Millions of Americans worldwide dissagree with Gay marriage, does that mean we are in danger of a Nazi uprising in the US? My grandfather had bullets whizzing past his head at Normandy, does it make him fascist if he believes gay marriage is wrong? If you don't have anything intelligent to bring to a conversation then I suggest you don't get involved because you do nothing but make your side look foolish.
Okay where to start. Again I didn't call you fascist. And about calling me foolish please don't start. The biggest argument for banning gay marriages (the whole thing about if this happens then whats next...values will erode...society will crumble, etc. etc....i am exaggerating but you get my point) is a completely fallacious one. It is a text book case for a slippery slope fallacy. I equate this all with fascism because it is the government trying to curtail the rights of its citizens. You do realize that it is estimated that 10% of the population is gay don't you?