Thread: Smelly Pads
View Single Post
Old
07-30-2007, 06:49 PM
MikeD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodq View Post
I wouldn't bother with that spray or the sinkthestink stuff. Just use ammonia as i stated earlier. It's cheaper and you can get it anywhere.

As far as the water debate, i think your skates being damp from water is a hell of a lot safer for your skate than sweat, so make your own judgment there.
Use Amonia and your very likely to have an uninvited visitor using your gear as its toilet. ESP if there are cats around.

Find a local OZONE sport cleaner. Total DRY PROCESS Turn around time is about 1 hr for your entire kit. Goalie is about 1.5hrs for more time to get the Ozone into the leg pads.

Mix 3 parts water to 1 part Isopropyl Alcohol. This will NOT affect padding or glues. Mist the gear inside and out very heavily. Allow to dry away from sunlight or any heat source. Repeat with light mistings every day and after each use. Do not leave your gear in a closed bag for much more than the drive home. White vineger also works as an anti-pet deterent. It leaves an oder behind that you wont be able to smell but cats and doghs will very easily and they dont like it. It will also remove sweat/salt stains from leather.

Shaving cream does work but for the life of your gear use saddle soap for any real leather components that have gotten stiff. Neatsfoot oil also works well but again not on synthetics. If you put a dab on the material and it kinda just sits on the surface and smears around rather than soak in, its synthetic...stop.

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote