View Single Post
Old
08-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Kodiak

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
A simple question with a complicated answer. The Rangers can afford to have a 23 man roster, but you want to leave yourself room to make some changes at the trade deadline if necessary...and if a guy is just sitting on your roster taking space and not playing, then there's less value there.

The challenge is that there are few players who can be sent to Hartford without clearing waivers, so I suspect we'll see 8 defensemen kept, with Strudwick having the added bonus of being able to play 4th line forward if necessary.

I think for Staal to make the line-up, he'll have to have a very strong camp and force the Rangers to move one of their veteran d-men...either down to Hartford or via trade. There's one spot open at the moment at forward, though it could be a wing or center at this point.
That's true. I haven't considered that Strudwick, Pock, Hutchinson, and Liffiton would have to clear waivers, but I don't see any of them as the type of player where you worry about losing them on waivers. If any of them can't earn a spot in camp, then I don't think they have a future with the organization.

Kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote