View Single Post
Old
08-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Z4dfence

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Z4dfence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhaful View Post
I don't understand why this is so hard for people to understand, unless they don't actually comprehend what they read or hear.

Saying you are going to compete every game does not guarantee you a Stanley Cup or playoff appearance. Josh Gratton competes more than most, but that does not mean he is a better player than Jagr, or to make my point clearer....alexei yashin.

Maloney said if he could get a top ten goalie he would be a genius. There were no guarantees. I'm sure he could have guaranteed us a top ten goalie. That guarantee would probably be accompanied by a guarantee we'd lose Mueller + at least our 2008 first round pick.

Maloney clearly communicated we were not going after high priced veteran free-agents. That we would be looking for 'value' signings.

Since Maloney was brought aboard they have had one consistent message. We are going to compete, and we are going to show improvement month by month.

If you don't understand this, I recommend following another team, because they are not going to succumb to the band-aid approach of the past.

If you don't see improvement throughout the season, then people should start complaining, especially if changes are not made.

Z4dfence is offline   Reply With Quote