Old
08-04-2007, 02:10 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSandman View Post
Cool, thanks for the link!

I've always used a cage. I actually don't mind a cage very much, in fact while I'm playing I hardly notice it's there. I've never bothered with plastic shields in the past mainly because I think they're overpriced. Recently an old friend and hockey buddy of mine who doesn't really play anymore gave me his old itech shield and I thought I'd give it a whirl and see how I like it.

What I like most about a cage is that it's fuss free, you can toss it around and not worry about it, etc......but anyway I want to try out the plastic for a few games too, and if I can get a cheap combo off of ebay or craigslist I'll try it as well. More than anything I just want to see how they all feel and perform and make a call as to which one I like best.
I went through the same thing though I started cutting wire out of the cage until anything could get through. I got this fog free shield after using the one excel shield for years. The difference between this shield and a cage was night and day for me. It's like looking through a window,absolutely no blindspots and no fog. I do baby it in my bag though.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote