View Single Post
Old
08-05-2007, 10:42 AM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
It's Visnovsky, no H.

As for an LA perspective on that "rumor", I don't buy it for a minute unless the Rangers want Modry.

The Kings aren't going to move Visnovsky. Yes, they signed Preissing and Stuart this summer but Stuart signed a 1 year contract. Blake's got one year left on his contract (and an NTC), Modry's got a 1 year deal as well. They only have 3 NHL defensemen signed beyond 07-08, I don't think they're going to move one of them, especially since 1 of those 3 is Johnson and he's a rookie. I think they signed Stuart to a 1 year deal to give Lombardi time to figure out what Visnovsky's cap hit would be with his new contract and for Blake's contract to expire. If he plays well I'm sure Lombardi would have an interest in re-signing Stuart, but there are no guarantees.

Kings fans don't buy the Raycroft rumor at all. They're not going to buy out Cloutier yet and take a cap hit for the next 4 seasons anyways, plus they want to see if perhaps the surgery Dan had can help him regain some form. It would be premature to buy him out before seeing how he does after the surgery. They can stash him in the AHL if necessary, which is what they're going to do with Tverdovsky if he plays in North America this year. Lombardi supposedly was asked about Raycroft when he was speaking to season ticket holders and he said that the Kings had no interest in him. Lombardi feels that it's time to give Labarbara the chance at the #1 position that he's never really had.
Always nice to get another perspective. But I do hope for your sake that Lombardi sees something in Labarbara that most of us on this forum haven't. He never looked like a future #1 to me.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote