View Single Post
Old
08-05-2007, 12:51 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
This is not a trade the Rangers need to make at all.

I don't understand your infatuation with Babchuk. A certainly don't see the need for you to repeatedly create trade proposals with him in it.
We do have solid depth in defense, but that's no reason to stop pursuing a player who might turn out quite well in the NHL. He brings quite a complete package on the blue line, size, cannon, decent skating, passing, and a nasty edge to hit people. These are the reasons why you want to persue this guy and well worth looking into.

There's a post on the prospects board where Caniacforever describes this guy quite well. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=407018

I'd say Immonen straight up for Babchuk or immonen and some kind of condition if he signs with the Rangers. If not, sing him to a contract as soon as he's UFA. I don't think Babchuk will be in the NHL this year, but next year we could have him fill in a regular spot on defense....and his potential is well worth giving a shot.

His problems with Carolina is that he was a young defenseman who sometimes made mistakes in his own zone. Every young defenseman does this. Carear wise, Babchuk stands to make much more money playing overseas than playing in the minors. For this reason it makes sense for him to demand a one way contract, which was a point of contention between him and Carolina.

Sheapshead bay would be quite welcoming to Anton.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote