Thread: Anton Babchuk
View Single Post
Old
08-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yeah, we have no need for an up and coming young defenseman who proved himself to be a top 4 d-man in the league. The only reason he was sent down was because he was the only damn guy with a two-way deal. THAT'S why he left and THAT'S why he was pissed.

It'll be nice watching Malik and Mara walk after this year and having to sign people in the offseason. Babchuk has much less value than he really has now because of what happened. It's the time to trade for a guy like him. He would also let us bring up Staal more slowly (and frankly I'd rather do that than rush him right in) AND be here after guys like Malik and Mara and possibly even Rozsival walk.

But you guys are right. We don't need a good young defenseman.
Your telling me that Carolina who missed the playoffs sent down Babchuk because he was the only guy on a two way contract...It wasn't his play at all? Curious, yet i find that hard to believe...

Babchuk reminds me of Rachunek when Rachunek was with Ottawa...Shows flashes but doesn't put it all together...

If Malik Mara and Rozsival walk the Rangers can and will replace them..Babchuk isn't a good young defenseman...He is a decent young defensemen..Something the Rangers have a ton of....Honestly I could care less how old the guy is...the Rangers need an IMPROVEMENT on defense THIS SEASON...NOT A LATERAL MOVE..You can't convince me that Babchuk THIS SEASON is an improvement over anything they Rangers have or anything in the pipeline...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote