View Single Post
Old
08-06-2007, 05:49 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
It doesn't have to be. I think the intimidating part is that this board expects people to either know what they're talking about, be able to explain their position or be humble enough to venture an opinion without it coming across as gospel. I prefer it to the other board because there are fewer wild emotional posts.
Exactly.

On the other board, you can make absurd statements--and you're caught in such a horrendous flurry of them that no one notices or calls you on it. We hold a higher standard here, and I guess that makes it seem like we're all elitist jerks.

On the other hand, if overmoderating this forum or calling people out for saying "Legwand is so lazy, he should try learning to play defense"(just an example, the Legwand war is classic on the other board, and that's a comment I've seen more than once, which forms the basis for my argument) is what it takes to keep this board from becoming the way the other board is..then so be it. I'm sure it does scare some people away, but I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing. I value..and I know a lot of our posters value...the level of sophistication and intelligence on the Nashville end of this board.

Think of it this way...

the NP.com boards are the bar you go to have a beer with your buddies, goof off, and maybe talk a bit about the Predators.

These boards are where you go when it's the next morning, you've sobered off, and it's time to get back to business.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote