View Single Post
Old
08-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
I would be somewhat suspicious if new owners came in and strarted throwing money around after buying a franchise that has lost so much money in the past. With a 100+ point team, they couldn't come close to filling their arena or getting corporate sponsorship.

If the new owners are intent on keeping the team in Nashville, I would think that they would be coming up with a sound business plan that would be geared toward making the Preds profitable. Put a competetive team on the ice, and work on growing fan support and corporate involvement. The competetive team is there, but despite a few more season tickets being sold, nothing has been proven yet on how the community as a whole will respond.
While I agree with the idea that the local ownership group isn't going to throw money at this team right off the bat, I think you need to realize that statements like this:

Quote:
With a 100+ point team, they couldn't come close to filling their arena or getting corporate sponsorship.
I think we all realize our attendance 'woes' and we've all posted our thoughts on the matter numerous times. But if this makes you feel better about your team's failure last year (whoever that team is) then go right ahead.

You can make points without trying to slam the city.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote