View Single Post
Old
08-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Name: Brian
Age: 46 on August 19 (Bill Clinton, Ginger Baker, and Ian Gillan share my birthday)
Sex: M
Birthplace: Staunton, IL
Hometown: Macoupin County, IL
Mode of Transportation: 2001 Chevy S-10
Job: Inventory Coordinator for contract logistics facility; "St. Louis Game Time" Prospect Department

How and when you became a Blues fan: 1967: I was 6, and happened to catch in the Globe-Democrat that there was an NHL team about to begin playing in St. Louis (yes, I was reading the newspaper regularly at age 6; I was something of a precocious child).

I remember hearing about Red Berenson's six-goal game a couple of years after that, and started to get really interested in the game then. Listening to Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle, and Noel Picard (in between checking out the Yardbirds, Doors, Beatles, Animals and Paul Revere and the Raiders on KXOK) also helped.

A couple of years later, my family moved to Denver, and the WHL Spurs were the Blues' farm team. Got to see Bob Gassoff, John Davidson, and others make their pro debuts.

Been hooked ever since.

Favorite Current Blues Player: Petr Cajanek.
Favorite All-Time Blues Player: Red Berenson, Bob Gassoff.

Favorite Active NON Blues Player: Erik Cole.
Favorite All-Time NON Blues Player: Bernie Parent, Bobby Hull, Ken Dryden.

Your Definitive Blues Moment: Seeing Bergevin throw the puck into his own net against Turek during the playoffs. I knew then that, despite a good record and a long playoff streak, the culture of this team had to change if there was ever going to be a dynasty built here, and that the player development system had to be the catalyst for that change.

First Blues Game Attended: First time I saw the Blues play live was when I was living in Denver and the Colorado Rockies hosted the Blues in 1976. I believe Eddie Johnston was in goal for the Blues, ex-Blues' farmhand Michel Plasse was in goal for the Rockeis, and I'm pretty sure that Bob MacMillan scored at least once...

College Attended/Attending: AA from Rock Valley College, Rockford, IL, 2001. Planning to start taking classes towards a Bachelor's Degree at SIU-Edwardsville after Christmas.

Music You Listen To: Classic rock, John Denver, German and Czech composers (Smetana, Wagner, etc).
Favorite Band(s): Pink Floyd, Beatles, Rush.
Favorite Movie(s): The Godfather, Slap Shot, The Dogs Of War, The American President.
Favorite Food: German, Mexican, Chinese.
Favorite TV Show: The New Yankee Workshop, This Old House, WWE Monday Night Raw, any Channel 4 newscast with Donna Savarese...
Hobbies: Extensive (my wife would say "obsessive") study and analysis of minor pro, junior, and European statistics and news as part of my duties as GTPD; German and American history; woodworking.

P_B

Last edited by Prussian_Blue: 08-06-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote