View Single Post
Old
03-09-2004, 06:55 PM
sigepcsun

vCash: 500
strange moves again

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Well. I like the fact that Miller and Barney are healthy as well as Holland. It is grand to see everyone getting better. I also think that it is well to send Barney down since we have Carter now and he can use his experience from his time here and help Manch and be ready to earn his spot at camp.

I absolutely see it as Rubbish to Yank Gleasons chain AGAIN by sending him down. This is what led to his struggling and lack of confidence when he were called back up and he has been as good as any other NHL defenceman we have on our roster save Matty and even then not too far off as of late.

I also reckon we had to send down Camms but he bloody well too has proven he is ready for perminent time with the top six at the NHL level.

God help me if I see Chartrand or Tripp on the ice this season I will vomit knowing we have Barney and Camms who are significant improvements waisting away on the farm.

To me they are just well too dodgy.
- Some of these moves don't make sense, I am glad Miller is back, but there is definitely something wrong with the way we are developing young players....every time they feel comfortable and get their confidence up (Barney, Camms and Gleason) we send them down. I don't feel that this is the best way to develop our young talent. This should be a great way for them to get the experience of what it takes to get to the Playoffs. As a teacher and coach I think this is a lost opportunity to give those two youngsters some valuable experience. Experience that can not be replicated at the minor league level!

-Is Tripp still around...because if he is and Barney/Camms is down that is just SICK!
----one more thing, by by Bertuzzi (coward)