View Single Post
Old
08-06-2007, 11:50 PM
mmitchell19

vCash: 500
Name: Mitch
Sex: M
Birthplace: Olathe, KS (K.C. metro area)
Hometown: Ellisville, MO
Mode of Transportation: 2004 Hyundai XG350L (hate it...18 pymts to go!)
Job: IT Project Manager
How and when you became a Blues fan: I started playing hockey at age 6, right after the Miracle On Ice. This was at the start of the NYI dynasty, so my dad & I pulled for them...I was a big fan of Trottier (thus #19, which has always been my hockey #) and Bossy. I think I was about 10 when we came to STL to visit my dad's parents, and we went to a Blues / Hawks game...that started me on the path to Blues fandom.
Favorite current Blues player: Tough call...Stempy, Backes, or McKee
Favorite all-time Blues player: Shayne Corson (j/k)...Shanny or MacInnis
Favorite active non-Blues player: Iginla, Sakic
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Trottier, Bossy, Gartner, ...
Definitive Blues Moments:
1. The aforementioned first live Blues game...saw about 5-6 crowd fights...Blues beat Hawks 5-1. This was probably 1984ish.
2. Blues defeat Sabres last season in OT. Took my dad to the game...we kept looking at each other, saying..."Could we possibly win this game?"
3. Watching the SJ series during the President's Trophy playoffs...at my in-laws in Michigan, shortly before getting married...trying desperately to avoid screaming obscenities at the TV. I only lost it once, when Turek gave up the 80-footer...and I think I managed to censor myself somewhat.
First Blues Game Attended: Whoops...covered above.
Favorite Non-Blues STL Hockey Memories: Saw the All-Star Game at the old barn in '88...that was sweet. Ditto the Frozen Four last year.
College Attended/Attending: Wash U, BSBA '96. Probably should try to get a Master's someday...but haven't really decided what I want to do with my life yet. And I don't relish the thought of going back to school.
Music You Listen To: I've been thru every genre at least once. Currently on an alt-country kick.
Favorite Band(s): Current: The Jayhawks, Son Volt, Uncle Tupelo, Neko Case, Whiskeytown. All-Time: Grateful Dead, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, David Allen Coe, R.E.M., Beastie Boys, ...I'm all over the map.
Favorite Movie(s): A Few Good Men, Good Will Hunting, Strange Brew, Caddyshack, Slap Shot, The Godfather series, Ocean's 11 & 13...
Favorite Food: It would be easier to list foods I don't like. Ummm...brussels sprouts.
Favorite TV Show: Still bemoaning the loss of The West Wing.
Hobbies: Playing hockey, golf...chasing my two boys (3 years & 6 months)...trying to keep the house from being classified a federal disaster area.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote