View Single Post
Old
08-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Pattypred

vCash: 500
I was born and raised in the South. I had been ice skating once and succeeded in checking out the entire ice surface while remaining on it instead of my skates. (Not very coordinated - can you tell?)

I have followed sports all of my life (and I am OLD) but nothing excited me more than seeing my first EVER NHL hockey game on October 16, 1999. I had no clue what was happening but fell in love with the game that first time. I made it a point to learn anything and everything I could about this new game.

I now consider myself a hockey fanatic. I go to all kinds of hockey games (high school, college, SPHL, ECHL, CHL, AHL and NHL). I take road trips to watch hockey whether it's my Predators or any other team - it doesn't matter - it's hockey. I've been known to drive 4.5 hours one way - watch a game - then turn around and drive back home.

There is nothing better than walking into a arena and smelling the ice - knowing a hockey game or practice is happening soon.

I have to thank all of you who have been patient with me in your attempts to teach me this fantastic game. I think I learn something new each and every day. Again, thank you.

***Now a little rant***

To those who profess to love the game of hockey but do not want the game in non-traditional markets and to not grow throughout the world - I say that you DO NOT truly love the game. If you did, you would want non-traditional markets to succeed. You would want this great sport to become the most popular in the world - not be exclusive to a particular region of the world.

**end of mild rant***

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote