View Single Post
Old
08-08-2007, 02:40 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
i don't think marian is good fit for rangers. oh..
he is good fit in any team but... he is not one of the BEST fit for rangers and vice versa...

Looks like you have no business getting into a grammatical war with anyone.

-

Anyway.

Marian Hossa isn't the answer.

The reason the Rangers traded for Jagr to begin with is because they needed a legitimate star and got him cheap. He is a great player and a marketable one. They are lucky because Jagr has risen to the occasion in a very difficult environment to do so for a player with his history. Plus he has become more of a leader (captain) then they have expected.

Therefore you aren't replacing him with a guy like Hossa who has little leadership qualities.

Furthermore, Drury and Gomez were both signed and they have those leadership qualities. Lundqvist as well. All are marketable.

The Rangers need to continue to develop their youth and build a supporting cast around what they have going forward longterm, I agree with Singn on this one.

If an opportunity presents itself for a top flight first line winger so be it but I wouldnt go after Hossa 150%. Signing Hossa is one thing, straight up replacing Jagr isn't happening. Very few players are in that category and Hossa is a notch below IMO.