View Single Post
Old
08-09-2007, 01:38 AM
FDBluth

vCash: 500
Back in minor hockey I always tried to score from the corner a la Mario Lemieux. I probably did it about 3 or 4 times. Probably accidentally dumped the puck out of the zone 50 times, though.

My most memorable goal will probably always be the one that I scored after I got hauled down on a breakaway. I probably have better goals, but I'll always remember this one. I had a semi-breakaway and the defenseman came up from behind and slashed me right in the knees, which sent me to the ice. Somehow I managed to get up onto my knees and keep control of the puck as I slid towards the goalie--this was probably from the top of the circles. Still on my knees, I did a forehand-to-backhand deke and put it into the upper part of the net on the blocker side of the goalie. My whole team went wild, and the first guy that skated up to me said, "Nice goal, Jagr," in reference to Jagr's famous falling-down goal.

The other one doesn't really count, because it was just in drop-in hockey (though if you're ever in the Kelowna area there is some excellent drop-in hockey...I've played with ex-NHLers before), but I scored on a breakaway using the Pierre-Marc Bouchard spin-o-rama. I had never actually practised it before, so it just kind of came to me. I've tried it a few times since and haven't even gotten close.

FDBluth is online now   Reply With Quote