View Single Post
Old
03-10-2004, 07:24 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
I agree with you about Renney as coach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Brooks is right again. A proper coach is of utmost importance. Renney IS NOT the man for the job. Not when he chooses to play Messier 19+ minutes last night and Hlavac 17+ on the top lines, while Lundmark gets to play w/ Green & Sandra. Not when it is his system that failed.
Q remains my first choice. McGill would be a good choice as well. It's kind of like when Jackass choose not to go w/ Torts. And now look at TB. McGill & Fotiu could be a good choice. Just keep Green as far away as possible and let Renney do ANYTHING but coach.
but, I think the guy is a good personnel man. As for his system, I think you will find that, when young malleable players become indoctrinated into it, it will look a lot better than when lazy, overpaid, egotistical players do. What did a Kovalev, Nedved or Malakhov have to gain? OTOH, look at how seemlessly a Lampman fit in last night. Or how Murray and Ortmeyer have no problem playing the system. And, TB, I have to reiterate a point I made yesterday. With Lampman in the lineup last night, that makes four players from the 2001 draft that have made the NHL. And, while it's early, so far, I would say everyone is pleased with the results. The 2001 draft was the first draft where the current ranger hierarchy was in place, with Renney and Maloney running things. And, not surprisingly, it took about three years for those players to develop enough to reach the NHL. So, any comments on Sather's previous drafting records mean zilch. Start with 2001, and give it the appropriate three-five years time to see what the results are.