Old
03-10-2004, 08:31 AM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
Wel correct me if i'm wrong but Leafs were already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Good points anon.

I like the Francis and Leetch deals for Toronto. The Leafs have often gone after fiery players in the past and it's resulted in some problems for the team in the playoffs I believe. Not enough balance between fiery characters and intelligent, disciplined veterans. Leetch and Francis bring the discipline, intelligence, leadership with a good amount of skill to the table to have a strong presence.

It's interesting that Johansson brings a similar calm, mature leadership presence to the ice as well as Francis and Leetch.

Looks like the new Leafs GM has identified a problem with the makeup of the team: too many similar players (of the fiery variety), and looked to balance that off with three excellent discplined leaders.

Will make for an interesting team dynamic.

loaded with leadership, and clutchj player bringing in more of similar doesn't address their weakness, in essence they can't play their young guns now which might slow team down, and it could come back to haunt them, its great to acquire veteran for young team, but toronto is already over the hill in that department.