View Single Post
Old
03-10-2004, 01:07 PM
Khelvan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
i dont know if he'll get his man in ovechekin but i can tell you with out any doubt in mind that he is going to make a major push for him. I am willing to put my reputation on it. it's been mentioned in the papers and more than a few people i know and trust have said he wants that pick. i cant say what he'll give up for it but i'd also almost be willing to bet that lundmark is gonna be part of the package.
What scares me is that R.J. Umberger seems like the perfect salve to soothe the aches of those in Pitt over losing their first overall pick. He's a Pitt native, they've wanted him in the past, he was a first rounder projecting to be a good NHL player, and presumably the Rangers could sign him then trade him as part of the package, picking up salary. Granted, we got him in trade for a UFA, but now that we have him it would be nice to keep him

Still, I can see Umberger being the main piece of a trade for the right to pick Ovechkin. If the deal were, say, Umberger, Poti (+ salary paid & cash), 2 2nd rounders, would you do it?

-Khel