View Single Post
Old
03-10-2004, 04:42 PM
tytech

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44
Exactly. That's why the suspension can't be half a year or anything. 10-15 games.

If Bertuzzi is still suspended into next season, he won't be eligible for Team Canada, which means that Gretzky has already had this discussion with Colin Campbell. Unofficially, of course.

I think the debate is whether it's the rest of regular season or rest of the year. I highly doubt he'll get more then this year including playoffs. You can't compare Mcsorley and Bertuzzi therefore he shouldn't be suspended for a year. He should get 10-15 games and add on first round if the NHL makes an example of him but anything more would be pushing it. It's a league issue, not a bertuzzi issue. If they clamp down on overall aggressive behaviour so be it, but to use one player as an example isn't exactly going to teach a lesson or completely overhall the process.

Hopefully the moderators don't shut this down and tell us to use the main thread. I like to know what Flyer fans think. I'm not interested what joe blow from Anaheim thinks. I want to know the opinions of the guys I have been dealing and debating with all season.