View Single Post
Old
03-10-2004, 04:56 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Pretty much agree with Dave. We definitely overpaid for Carter since it was highly probable that he would have ended up here in the offseason. The problem I had with giving up Aulin was that he never reall got a chance to see how well he would fit in. Just bad luck I guess.

I do disagree with Bertuzzi's suspension though. All of the playoffs. The Canucks should most certainly be punished for Bertuzzi's actions. They made some very public statements about revenge, and it just so happens it was one of their best players who carried it out. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
i think bertuzzi should be gone for either (a) as long as moore is gone or (b) 40 regular season games and any club activities until that 40th regular season game is played (ie. playoffs, training camp, etc.). an attack as violent and thuggish as that one was must be punished severely, or the league will be basically admitting that its okay.

as for the trades, i'm optimistic about carter. murray gets the most out of his players, and he's coached carter before so i must conclude that he feels that he can get more out of carter than what we've seen so far this year. besides, the guy is motivated to play for the team he always wanted to. giving up aulin was not fun, but i have to admit that doubts existed in my mind about his durability. or, maybe i'm being too hard on the kid. in any case, i agree with dfa, a prospect, even a mid-level one, coming back would have been a much better deal. overall, i can live with it.

i like the cowan deal. he may not be the heavyweight scrapper than brennan is, and its always tough to lose an irish player, but i'd rather have another middleweight who plays tough than a heavyweight who rides the pine. this may just be a function of murray misusing brennan, but i think the bottom line is that cowan will help us more than brennan did.

as for dempsey, you can't go wrong for a 4th rounder. i, like many others, am puzzled by the analysis in another thread that asserts that the hawks will eventually get the better end of this trade. i guess their scouting staff has seriously improved.