View Single Post
Old
03-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Leetchie

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic
Give the man a break you numb nut I would like you to go up their after you did that and see how you would feel !

He won't get a break from me and I sure as hell hope he won't from the NHL or local police.

First of all, I wouldn't have done that at all. Take the man out semi-cleanly at least. If you can't throw a clean hit and crush him with your 6'3", 245-lb body, then take him out with a dirty hockey hit. Don't chase him around and tug at his jersey from behind and sucker punch him. It's not as if Steve Moore is way bigger or tougher than Todd Bertuzzi. What a cowardly way of doing such a cowardly act.

Secondly, Moore's hit was debatable. I still say it wasn't a cheap shot -- the man didn't leave his feet or lead with the elbow -- although it should have been an interference call. The Bertuzzi incident was despicable. Steve Moore is far from a goon. Hockey is hockey, but Bertuzzi crossed the line when he blatantly put Steve Moore's life at risk. This isn't a hard hockey hit -- this is a BROKEN NECK, which 9 times out of 10, leads to at least partial paralysis -- Steve Moore may never be able to play with his future kids and grandkids, or even walk again. All because of a borderline hit that wasn't planned? Please.

I hope the law comes down hard on Bertuzzi. I used to have a great deal of respect for him as a player, but this has really brought that level of respect down to none.

The NHL should punish him by making him play a year without a helmet and see what the Avs do to him when he does.

On a good note, Steve Moore was in good spirits, and able to smile and "gingerly" shake hands. He even cracked a joke about having to wear a "stylish brace" for a while. He did not comment on Bertuzzi or the hit.