View Single Post
Old
03-11-2004, 08:23 AM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No One
How pissed is Cammalleri that he is down?
Cammalleri scored a PP goal off a sweet Lehoux set-up last night in the 3rd to make it 3-0 over Springfield. If he's pissed, he's hiding it well. (Except maybe for the slash to the wrist of a Springfield d-man that he got away with. The just above the glove stinger type.) There was a rumor going around the Verizon last night that during warm-ups Cammalleri actually acknowledged one of the 100 or so kids that press their faces against the glass with a head nod. Actually, he's usually pretty good for a throwing the puck onto the glass to scare them move. Typically in Cammalleri's first games back, you can almost sense he's sulking from his body language which could be attributed to being thrust into the bright lights that are Manchester. In all fairness to Cammalleri, many season ticket holders have come to expect little from the guys in their first games back from LA.

Cammalleri played wing all night with Lehoux at center and Greg Koehler on the other wing. Actually, on one or maybe two occasions, he centered a "throw these guys together and see what happens" line. I think we all know that he'd rather be in LA and so would the entire Monarchs team, that is completely understandable. I think letting him have a couple of shifts at center is good for the team and for Mike.

I am not trying to start an it's the best thing for him to be in Manchester getting LOADS of ice time and PP time vs. what he was getting or could expect in LA debate here. Rather, he is being afforded every opportunity by Boudreau and the Kings organization to further his development as a wing and to be successful at it. What Mike does with the opportunity is completely up to him. I think Mike playing with Lehoux will elevate Lehoux's game. (Having said that, Boudreau will probably split them this morning.) So in that respect, Cammalleri's presence is helping the development of others as well.

Probably a lot more info than you were looking for No One, but I have had my Coffee!