View Single Post
Old
03-11-2004, 10:11 AM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
My point is that all these guys you have won Cups on different, better teams. You have got Leetch, Francis, Joe and Alex on the team, sure. Do that have chemistry together yet? Don't know.
You think that chemistry is going to be strong enough to carry through 4 rounds of hockey? Do you think guys who are up in their late 30s (Roberts, Joe, Belfour, Francis, Leetch) will be able to go the distance considering the physical style the Leafs play? Do you think those guys could handle a series like the one that was played last year?

All of our guys are still here from that series. Johnsson, Rico, Primeau, Recchi, Roenick, leclair, Handzus, Lapointe, Gagne, Amonte, Gagne, Brashear, Fedoruk. All I am saying is that the Flyers have good chemistry. Guys we have in trades have played together before. Yes I know Joe played with Gary...back in the 90s. With the exception of Amonte & Kapanen, these guys have been together for a few years. We have a young, healthy goalie and a capable backup. Yes, I know Esche doesn't have the experience. He'll never get it if he isn't given the chance.

My final point is this:

The Leaf team now hasn't been playing together too long. With Belfour out, the Leafs were obviously losing games. His presence was key. Adding guys who are in the late 30's and 1 in his forties doesn't look too promising especially when some of these guys have been out w/ injuries throughout the year.

I'm not saying the Flyers are going to win the Cup either. My point is that through the injuries and everything else, this team is winning. We are also beating teams like OTT & NJD that we haven't beat in a long time. I'm saying we have the edge going into the playoffs. I also don't think adding those 4 players helped the Leafs at all.