View Single Post
Old
08-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly2 View Post
About a week ago, I started a thread about the lack of depth up front, and the blue-line becoming crowded.

The Preds, despite all the player departures, are still a solid squad. However, to go into the season only 6 deep in terms of scoring forwards, would be a mistake.

At the very least, the Preds should sign Mike Johnson, and pencil him in on a line with Bonk and Gelinas.

That would at least round out the top three lines, and in the event of an injury, Johnson provides a decent option as a player that can move up to the top 2 lines.

I believe the Preds need to deal one of their prospects on the back line for a scoring prospect who is almost ready.

A player like R.Nilsson, J.Tambellini, or A.Kostsitsyn would be great.

I believe making this type of deal now, would cost the team less. Waiting for an injury would be a mistake. The league would know that the organization is desperate need of a forward and ask for more.

I think that the organization has got to be kidding themselves if they believe that the loss of Kariya, Hartnell, and Upshall will not hurt. Bonk and Gelinas were solid pick ups, but definitely not enough.
We still have moves to make on this roster. Someone is either going to hit the waiver wire, or we are going to trade one of many defenseman (most bets are on Klein.....although one would expect him to be a terrific player in the current scheme given his speed and all around game).