Thread: Hockey & HDTV
View Single Post
Old
08-21-2007, 04:04 PM
bonzilla

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas House Gorilla View Post
BTW Bonzilla you wrote earlier that DTV has HD games every night broadcast on HD PPV channels, but someone else just wrote that it's 1 or 2 HD games every week. That's what Dish has. I'll probably call DTV or refer to their website this season to see the truth about that
I would say most nights, however a lot of people probably miss it because DTv does not usually put the game info into the DTv guide until a day, or sometimes only a few hours before game time. Also, since it does not seem to be part of their mainstream programming, you may get different answers about the HD access channel games from the DTv cust ser people.. I think they basicly did it as an ad-hoc supplement to there currently skimpy HD channel selection..

On the the 2 open access HD channels, most nights (not all) DTv will feature 1 NHL game and 1 NBA game. Sometimes 1 NBA & 2 NHL games including the late Canadian Broadcast on Saturdays. Im not sure, but I think these games are made available to all HD package subscribers, not necessarily to CI or NBA pack subscribers. They also had/have concerts and other random sports & entertainment stuff in there as well.

All that said, I would expect things to probably be way different when the new DTv bird is turned on. In fact I just saw this morning before work that on channel 77, DTv is looping instructions for all subscribers on how to update there hardware for the HD onslaught to come, in their words "very soon"...There is even a new test channel set up for the new satellite on chanel 400-something.

bonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote