Old
08-27-2007, 03:42 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty0wns30 View Post
what can we expect from him defensively and offensively? i really dont exactly know what kind of player he is.i know he is big, does he use his body well?

any comments would be appreciated

thanks
He likes to join the rush, which can on occassion lead to him being caught way out of position on the defensive end. He got much better about this as the year went on. He's got a heavy shot and isn't afraid to use it, though he seems to have a difficult time actually putting it on net. He's also pretty good at making the outlet pass. I wouldn't count on him being your go-to PP QB, though if you've got nothing else he could certainly play that role. He could blossom offensively given time, everyone always praised his offense coming up.

Defensively he got a lot better as the year went on. He killed me at first with his stupid clearing attempts and poor positioning. He's not particularly strong along the boards but he is willing to battle and go into the corners, so maybe in time he'll get better there too. He's a pretty decent skater and can cover enough ground in the defensive end. I don't remember him being much of a hitter.

He turned it on for us in the second half and was one of our steadier defenseman, IMO. I don't think the organization wanted to get rid of him, it was more a matter of cap space and our depth on defense. He'll be a pretty good player for you I'd imagine.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote