View Single Post
Old
08-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
He likes to join the rush, which can on occassion lead to him being caught way out of position on the defensive end. He got much better about this as the year went on. He's got a heavy shot and isn't afraid to use it, though he seems to have a difficult time actually putting it on net. He's also pretty good at making the outlet pass. I wouldn't count on him being your go-to PP QB, though if you've got nothing else he could certainly play that role. He could blossom offensively given time, everyone always praised his offense coming up.

Defensively he got a lot better as the year went on. He killed me at first with his stupid clearing attempts and poor positioning. He's not particularly strong along the boards but he is willing to battle and go into the corners, so maybe in time he'll get better there too. He's a pretty decent skater and can cover enough ground in the defensive end. I don't remember him being much of a hitter.

He turned it on for us in the second half and was one of our steadier defenseman, IMO. I don't think the organization wanted to get rid of him, it was more a matter of cap space and our depth on defense. He'll be a pretty good player for you I'd imagine.
Shows great poise and rarely gets caught out of position. Has a decent point shot and will put up more points as he learns to use it more. Owns the size NHL scouts look for.

that is from tsn scouting report in him. i am glad i started this thread because i was pretty much just going by the tsn scouting report which is most of the time just a guideline and not very accurate.

i think he wil probably be on the second pp unit because we will probably have martin and greene on the first. greene is capable of qb hte power play and has a pretty good shot from the point.

thanks for your scouting report. it really cleared things up for me

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote