View Single Post
Old
03-12-2004, 12:50 AM
in the hall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Malkin is a big two way center who is very strong and hard working. He is very good on faceoffs and sets up plays very well. I'm not sure he is an elite level finisher per say, but he def. has the potential to be a first line center and a very good one at that. Personally he reminds me a little of Sundin, though I've heard some compare him to Nieuwendyk {i dont really see it as much}. I don't think he is really as far behind Ovchekin as some think, he's just a less flashy package.

Barker is another big kid who has a ton of potential but is still kind of raw. He logs a ton of icetime, in fact way too much. He moves the puck well, has good offensive instincts and a mean streak. i def. think he has top 4 potential for the NHL. He's kind of a mix of all the WHL defenseman you've seen the past couple of years, Boumeester, Phaneuf, Coburn, all kind of rolled into one. Some people point to a lack of effort every night but i think that is due to the fact that the kid has to be exhausted at this point.
the more we further ourselves from the #1 pick the more i become interested in malkin but it sounds like hes not much of a goal scorer which is what i hope the rangers draft if not a top notch defenseman.. what would you say is a fair package for the #2 pick if it even would be moved... what limits do you have for malkin?? also do you feel he is capable of playing in the nhl next year?

barker sure is with some nice company.. i suppose he is not a guy that can step in next year...