View Single Post
Old
03-12-2004, 01:31 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I think it’s fair punishment. Bertuzzi attacked Moore on the job. If I did that I would be put in jail and/or fired from my job. Since this is his job, the only thing to do is to take it away from him. Obviously Bertuzzi feels remorse (or at least it looked it to me), but he has to take responsibility and face the consequences of his actions. Burke can paint Bertuzzi in a holy light by complementing Bertuzzi in fatherhood, as a husband, and as an all-star hockey player. But it still doesn’t take away from the fact that Bertuzzi committed a horrible act that left Moore hospitalized and is putting hockey in the mainstream media for the absolute wrong reasons.

There are a lot of people in prisons all over the world because they had a momentary lack of good judgment and let their emotions run wild and ended up shooting, robbing, or killing someone. They may feel remorse, too, and that may not be “the type of person they really are,“ but they all have to suffer the consequences of their own actions and now Bertuzzi must do the same.