View Single Post
Old
03-12-2004, 07:29 AM
wensink

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macastropion
Not wanting violence in the NHL does not make someone a non-hockey fan. Some people feel the game is just as enjoyable without the violence. As a matter of fact, I think the arguement can be made that maybe the true purists are those who can enjoy the game without the nonsense on the side. Also:

I take it these gentleman are not hockey purists? Know nothing of the game? Just cheezy laypeople looking to do in Hockey?
I'm not sure if you were referring to me on this post. If you weren't then please disregard.

However, if you were, then I think you don't see that there's a big difference between a hockey player's comments versus a columnist that writes one hockey related column every five years.

So let me quote Ian O'Connor's first two sentences of his brilliant expose on our great sport:

"Hockey is a complete joke, with sucker punches for punch lines. It is a cartoon sport with a cult following that cheers from the fringe of relevance".

"Complete joke"?
"Cartoon Sport"?
"Cult following that cheers from the fringe of relevance"?

You are right. I can see that he absolute has love and respect for our game and the fans. I don't need to say anything more.