View Single Post
Old
08-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Crosbyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbr-17 View Post
He really enjoyed playing roller hockey and wants to play again next spring. On top of the houseleague he also ended playing ion two tournaments. The second one being the provincials where they lost in the finals.
Next year he wants to tryout for the rep team as they will try to qualify for the Narch tournament.
This upcoming weekend he is in his first tournament with the winter team and next week is his training camp for the winter season.
That's great. How did he find switching back to ice? How did the tournament go?

My son is in hockey camp this week, and will try out for the rep teams next month. He's hoping for the B team. He has strong points and weak points, so it's hard to tell. I'm guessing he's close, but honestly don't know.

Either way he is in a "no body checking league" as body checking doesn't start until Peewee, though only for rep teams. Is that the same in Toronto? I noticed today they were being taught to pin someone along the boards. It certainly looked safe, but I didn't think that was legal yet for Atoms. I grew up with body checking in hockey from the start, so I had told him it was more or less like soccer. I've noticed in his summer league also that they seem to get away with a little more than that. Know any links to the rules and interpretations of that?

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote