View Single Post
Old
03-12-2004, 11:19 PM
macho232

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal575
ok, saying he benefits from who he plays with is one thing... but that is just silly. Morrison is having a horrendous year, so i'll dismiss that in my upcoming argument.

Morrison had 54 points playing with Matt Cooke (in his first full season in the NHL), and Peter Schaefer, and racking up 3rd line icetime. if that's a 3rd line checker then i'd like to see more 3rd line checkers on the Canucks.

Morrison's production increased 25% going from the 3rd line to the first line. Naslund's production increased 28% replacing Cassels (who is one of the league's best setup men) with Morrison, and Bertuzzi's production went up 76% since Morrison replaced Cassels on the top line. so if anything, Naslund and Bertuzzi leeched off Morrison.

Morrison is an example of a player who makes others around him better.... hense is a great complimentary player. Frolov is a player who gets it done on his own.
Naslund's increase in points had more to with Bertuzzi coming into his own then Morrison getting added to his line.