View Single Post
Old
03-13-2004, 12:22 AM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
ya know what, you DO have the right. And you should also have the brains to realize that WTC was an event in which a lot of people lost their loveded ones and they don't want it used as an example, especially for something like a hockey incident.

Can i "Stop" anyone from saying it? nope. But i'd like to believe an incident like 9/11 would speak enough to people's sense of decency that they could not push the issue.

But instead we get "don't be a pansy". Man dude I'm sorry but that's just kind of sad. We have a million things to debate and and discuss, 9/11 doesn't have to be the one you make a "statement" about.

But i guess i'm too sensitive about the issue. i mean when we're mentioning 2000 lives being lost i guess i should be a hot shot internet user who suddenly has a lot to say when he doesn't have to say it to people's faces.

there's a million things to compare this incident too. 9/11 does not and should not be one of them. If that's too much to ask from a rational and mature person than we might as well through all feelings of sensitivity out the window.

Just to be square with you Edge, I never used 9/11 as a comparison to this. It was just a remark that the world is an insane place, and in light of all that has gone on over the last couple of years, the Bertuzzi hit isn't really the end of the world and people need to relax about it. You and I share the same opinion on the matter. I just wanted to clear that up.