View Single Post
Old
03-13-2004, 12:26 AM
andora

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks&flames
i better not get laughed at like poor guy who made the last thread regarding this. How can this team not be considered as a stanley cup contender? heres a question for you: who was more of a contender last year, detroit or anaheim? YEAH ANAHEIM I THOUGHT SO. They proved everyone wrong including me, who predicted them out in 4, first round breakfast food. Just like carolina the year before, washington a while back, etc., etc. This team has all the tools to be this years sleeper: Goalie who's just as good as giguere, very good offense, better than average defense with a big stopper(just like carney), and lots of defensive forwards.

So guess what guys: MONTREAL IS A LEGIT CUP CONTENDER, AND THERES NOTHING YOU LEAF FANS/ BOSTON FANS CAN DO.

and no im not a habs fan, as my name should indicate.

BTW what do you think of my prediction for the finals: SAN JOSE VS OTTAWA.
whatever, anaheim contender? nooooo.. cinderella act, yes. did anaheim win? no, they didn't, a contender won, and hence why we label contenders...

anaheim wasn't, carolina wasn't, washington wasn't, and neither is montreal. montreal for sure is a sleeper to perhaps do some damage, maybe a couple rounds, but they AREN"T A CONTENDER

some words are thrown around far far far too easy and carelessly around here *elite, top pairing, top line, contender etc...*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Anyone can pull a Cinderella act... like Anaheim and Carolina.

Is Montreal a potential "sleeper"? Yes.

Are they a legit contender? No.
simple, yet true