View Single Post
Old
03-13-2004, 05:00 AM
Marksman

vCash: 500
I think is pretty even in the Eastern Front, almost everyone has a weakness too.

My brief overview:

Tampa - the best overall package of goaltending defence and offence - but their key personnel dont have terribly much playoffs experiece. Then theres coaching.

Philadelphia has serious issues with injuries this year. Also I wonder how Roenick Primeau Handzus Zhamnov etc fit into one team.

Boston - finally an offensive mobile dman. Raycroft is up to big challenge.

Ottawa - if there wasnt for Lalime they would be clear favourite this year - they got everything else.

Toronto - amazing set of forwards, much much improved defence. On the other hand they let Belfours wonky back carry their hopes, because Eddie the Ego wouldn't have Turek Salo or Roloson stealing his show.

New Jersey - they keep playing their style. One of these years even Brodeur cant play every game. Their defence might be little different this time without Scott.

Montreal - Theodore can take them far, Zednik is hot and Souray will be back in a week. Gainey made that huge acquisition in Jim Dowd, to help PK. Weaknesses are there are many key players without playoffs exp, and they are still small team upfront.

New York - Strenght: Yashin is back. Weakness: Yashin is back.

Sabres - if they made it that far, it means they are on fire. Besides Zhitnik, the problem is defence.