View Single Post
Old
03-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
I wouldn't call myself a "Lundmak Hater", but I admit I am less than thrilled with him. I see nothing in him that tells me he's willing to take his game to the next level. A good player can play himself out of a bad situation. I know the popular opinion is that he's being held back, or he's on a line, or receiving minutes that are inhibiting his progress. While I nod to all of those reasons, I don't entirely embrace them. Lundmark has to be held at least partly responsible for his treatment in the organization thus far. All I've seen out of him is speed. He hasn't, again, only my opinion, exhibited the level of offensive instincts that warranted picking him up 9th overall. I honestly thought we were drafting a solid second line player that may not light the league up, but could produce Mike York type numbers, maybe a shade more, and be a nice weapon for us for years. But, while his linemates don't help, neither they nor the coaching staff should be blamed for him being unable to put the puck into the net. I can't say McCarthy is the reason why Jamie is easily taken off the puck by the opponent night in and night out. I'm willing to go half way with the whole debate. I agree the environment isn't the best situation for him to be in, but I also agree that he hasn't given enough for it be otherwise.