View Single Post
Old
09-08-2007, 05:07 AM
Alpine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEagle View Post
Ok boys, This is wayyy off topic but it has been itching me for a while. For the past couple of years, the islanders have come to moncton for exibition games. And now they are playing the Aigles Bleus.

Does this have to do with Ted Nolan?? I know he doesn't really decide where the team plays pre-season games and such but does he have a little input as to where the Islanders play pre-season games ??.... And does Nolan Have a connection with Moncton, excluding his time with the wildcats....?
Thanks and sorry for getting off track
Where NHL teams hold camps/hold pre-season games is more a business decision than anything else. Nolan would have some input, but why not Sault-Ste-Marie or Sudbury then?
Penguins were here last year and for the last couple of years the Isles were in Yarmouth NS for camp.
The Habs will have played here twice in three years.
The only connection Nolan has to Moncton I believe is his time with the 'Cats. I do remember reading when he was here that either his sister or maybe sister-in-law was and maybe still is the Chief of St. Marys First Nations Reserve in Fredericton. So he'd have some family ties to NB but not necessarily Moncton.

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote