View Single Post
Old
03-13-2004, 05:17 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
I think Perezhogin is tremendously talented... I also think the habs brass must have thought Pere will have more impact as an NHL'er than Balej... From what I've seen of Pere that differed from Balej's game is his no fear approach walking through the high traffic areas... I saw Pere walk from the left side corner right to in front of the net, getting players crawling on his back all for a glorious oppurtunity (it WAS stopped, by an amazing save by Valiquette of the Roadrunners)... Balej as many have mentioned had many highlight reel plays, but apparently there was a knock on him that he did not have a pure finishing ability (with all that speed it was really to bad)... Perezhogin does... and to be honest it'll be interesting to see Alexander playing the top gun on the wings in Hamilton, as he is immensely talented (BTW, he is still the youngest guy on the roster)... And with Duncan Milroy up and coming on the Hamilton roster, It was time to make the move... and rather get something for Balej... or play him up... Either way I am happy with the way this turned out... But the big thing about this deal is that we absolutely HAVE to resign Kovalev... He's a perfect addition to this team, and his talent would do a world of good for a couple of our bright prospects/players on our team... Markov apparently hasn't been as happy as he is now since Petrov left (because he has a friend he can relate too again)... And for Kastsitsyn, and Perezhogin... to play with Kovalev I'm sure will/would be the biggest thrill of their young careers...

Balej I hope all the best in New York... I really hope he becomes a fan favourite there... But I wish him a horrible record against the Canadiens