vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hockeyavs23
Name: Nic
Favoite Music Artist(s): Too many
Favorite TV show: Family Guy
Favorite Av: Hejduk
Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Alexander Ovechkin
Next or other favorite team: Caps, they are local.
How else is hockey in your life?: Played since I was 12, mostly just rec hockey. 1 year of travel in my junior year of high school. Now just play in the local adult leagues.
Favorite Av moment: The only time I have actually seen them win live. It was in Madison Square Garden in November of 03 I believe. The game went to OT and Alex Tanguay had the OT winner. The fact that it was an OT win and being in such a historical sports building made that my favorite Avs moment.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: The year we won our first Cup. I was living in New Mexico and NM just started a new minor league team in the Western Professional Hockey League (now with the CHL) - the Scorpions. My mom got a job with them and I got to see all of the games. It was my first exposure to hockey. I then began watching more on TV and knew I had to pick a favorite team. Denver and Phoenix were the closest NHL cities but I loved the fact that the Avs were a new team just like I was a new fan of hockey so it just seemed fitting.

hockeyavs23 is offline   Reply With Quote