View Single Post
Old
09-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroSennin View Post
I heard that Laakso is supposed to come home on the 20th anyway (which would be great since the season is starting today over here and I don't want him missing too many games), so I guess the only match Laakso will have a chance to show anything is against Columbus, if he gets to play. And the scrimmages, of course.

Is that normal, that players leave before the preseason games? I understand that players are cut from training camp rosters according to what they show in training, but I mean if they're letting him know in advance like that..?

I wonder what the point is for attending if he's not staying no matter how he plays. I guess the information I got could be wrong, though.
No, what your saying is most likely true. As is the case with many junior prospects Laakso will probably attend training camp through the first "cut" day and will be reassigned to his Finnish team. As for why? I would speculate it is to get him acclimated to the organization and to see where his development is in relationship to other Predators defensive prospects. As you said, he probably won't play in any preseason games and that is not a bad thing from your prospective since he would avoid the risk of injury.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote