View Single Post
Old
03-14-2004, 11:10 AM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Dellapina has to write anymore about the Rangers. He is as biased against Sather as any writer out there (not that Sather doesn't deserve to take hits.) As for the scout who said about getting Alexander Steen when trading Leetch, if Sergei Gonchar gets less of a package (we will see the differnece between Kondratiev and Morrison in a few years), what did anyone expect a 36-year-old d-man to be bring back in a deal. It's the eqivalent package that Chelios brought the 'Hawks at roughly the same age. The Leetch trade WAS market value. The Umberger knock said nothing about his ability. To be honest, I have to take the whole article with a grain of salt. I feel like sometimes, we as fans get better insight from fellow hockey watchers than some of the NHL officials, who have their own agendas to meet.
dellapina is flat out wrong. we werent going to trade leetch to the flyers so we can play him 6 more times next year for a good deal, the deal would have to be amazing and thats why sather never really even tried to deal leetch there, do we want to play leetch that many times? nope and there was no way clarke was going to trade carter or richards at all especially to us

as for steen, john d. needs to let me know where he gets the good stuff from cause if the caps couldnt pry him, how were we going to?