Thread: Ryder
View Single Post
Old
03-14-2004, 01:08 PM
jonny5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJeeves
What struck me the most about last night, was the emotion Ryder showed after scoring. He's usually all smiles, and graciously thanks his linemates for setting him up, and heads to the bench. But last night was a bit different.

That yell he let out after tying it up was very unusual for him. It had a certain arrogance to it, a side we haven't seen of him before. I liked it. A lot. He showed he has another level he can take his game to, and I get the feeling he's going let that beast out down this final stretch and into the playoffs. I can't wait .
Ryder really is a very humble guy and he usually takes things in stride, and his emotion last night was a little out of the ordinary. But, back in his hometown of Bonavista you have the same great rivalry, as in Montreal, between the Canadiens and the Leafs. I'm sure he.was well aware the every eye in town was watching. Just imagine, a few years ago Ryder was a home watching the rivalry, now he is a part of it. Would make anybodys adrenaline flow!!!
And as for the Calder, which ever way it goes is fine with him. Take or leave it. The team is the main focus for Michael.