View Single Post
Old
03-14-2004, 02:25 PM
#44_delivers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughstuff
Except for last night's game, the HABS, never succeeded in closing down the Leaf's Sundin line. It happened in last night's game. Cuddos to them.

This being said Bulis has proven he is a very well balanced two way player. In the past, he has played very well in a role of third liner. His place is not on the 4th line.

Begin earlier in the year replaced Juneau on the 3rd line and was amazing. He is currently doing it again.

Sundstrom was doing a great job before he got injured.

My 3rd line would be

Bulis,Begin,Sundstrom

My 4th line would be:

Juneau (Langdon against grittier opponents),Dowd, Ward

Juneau is a very responsible player. Extra centers are always valuable.

Dowd is used to spot duty and could at the same time be effective releif for Begin if he is having an off night.

Ward has proven he could fill in adequately at a moments notice on the 2nd and 3rd lines. He is used to the 4th line (this would not be a demotion) and he is very good on the PK.
i think you totally missunderstood my post.
once bulis and sunny come back there wont really be a 3rd or 4th line they'll play very equal minutes imho.
bulis juneau sunny line would be tagged as our 3rd line but the begin dowd ward line would play just as many minutes, so the importance one puts in calling a line 3rd or 4th is quite irrelavent.
what CJ will do is play the 1st and 2nd line equally. the 3rd and 4th line will get equal time as well, so which line you call your 3rd and which your 4th has no meaning really.
he'll put 2 scoring lines and 2 checking lines.

BTW i too am not a fan of juneau but it seems to me CJ is and thats what counts.