View Single Post
Old
03-14-2004, 01:41 PM
BigE

vCash: 500
Hlavac will be playing in Europe next year with Zdeno Cigar. He's got no heart and no interest in playing beneath his own blueline.

As far as a lineup next year Sather is most certainly going to dip into the wealth of Free Agents this summer to bolster the lineup with veterans. Which is why he traded de Vries. I could see him going after Pronger (if St. Louis does not qualify him). He's almost certain to go after a goaltender too. Blackburn, Lundqvist, nor LaBarbera are ready to carry an NHL load right now.

If Lindros returns you're sure to see Barnaby and Rucinsky come back. I wouldn't even be surprised to see Simon return on another one year deal. Those four in addition to Leetch, Messier and Ortmeyer were the hardest working Rangers all year.

I'd love to see the Rangers send Holik away. He's been nothing but awful in his own zone this year and a total idiot with the press. He may claim to "shoot from the hip" but he more or less shoots himself in the foot most of the time.

Another year in the AHL for Balej isn't going to do him any good. He's proven that he can score and it's time for him to step up and make it here. However, if he's not going to get the ice-time then it's not worth it. He has to play, just like Lundmark and Ortmeyer. I'd also like to see Giroux given a chance. He's played 160 AHL games and it might be time for him to get a serious look.

Tyutin will be a mainstay on the back-end next year and since Leetch was traded, Poti has picked up his game tremendously. If you add a free agent to the mix, plus Rachunek, Lampman and Kasparaitis...you've got your starting six right there. No more Joel Bouchards or Dale Purintons!

Kids like Murray, Moore, Nycholat and Umberger are all on the bubble but will all most likely need another year of seasoning in the minors. Blackburn as the starter for the pack would be nice too.