View Single Post
Old
03-14-2004, 06:08 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

vCash: 500
With the effort Jason puts out there every night, I can hardly imagine him being sent in the pressbox, in all honesty. I know he's only 24, and some guys out there have more experience in playoffs then he does, but I don't think Dackell's or Dagenais' intensity level can reach Ward's (!). We have enough defensive forwards right now as far as I'm concerned, Dackell is expendable. Ward would be way more useful in a 1st round serie against, say, the Leafs or the Bruins.

Wether he'll be in the line up in front of Langdon, that really is a delicate question, because with the return of Nik Sundstrom and Jan Bulis in the upcoming week, two guys will have to sit in the pressbox. These guys will most likely be Dackell and either Langdon or Ward. I know I'd prefer having Ward myself, eventhough I very well know Langdon is a great fighter and can give the team the momentum simply by dropping the gloves. Maybe that's just my obssession about getting 4 very well balanced lines capable of bringing speed, grit offense as well as defensive awareness.

Yanic Perreault - Saku Koivu - Richard Zednik
Michael Ryder - Mike Ribeiro - Alex Kovalev
Jan Bulis - Joe Juneau - Niklas Sundstrom
Steve Begin - Jim Dowd - Jason Ward

That would simply be great, IMO... as long as Juneau's back is OK.