View Single Post
Old
03-14-2004, 10:46 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
What are we going to do when Belanger comes back? I guess Baney will be benched. Do u think we should put Belanger with Cowan and Pirnes?
i don't know and every time that i start trying to come up with new combinations i get a headache. the bottom line is that two players need to sit. the most likely candidates seem to be brown, barney, cowan, and pirnes.

a few things i might try, were i in murray's place:
1. make avery the fourth line center again. he asked for that earlier this year, and responded well initially before his play tailed off; he may be due for another shot, perhaps between brown and barney.
2. i would keep carter with either lapperierre or avery and definitely in an enery role; he needs to improve his effort and intensity, and if today was any indication, then we should see good things from him in such a role.

as for defensemen, i think modry should be benched. in his defense, his play was better today with visnovsky the great next to him, but i still feel that his effort is lacking. let gleason keep the job that he has earned. if modry comes back after a two-game benching and plays with some fire, then excellent, but at the moment, he's not performing as well as he can.