View Single Post
Old
09-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
I don't agree with you that anyone is calling on Shelley to "take out" Erat. You are correct, that would be stupid. And, I will be the first to admit that Erat's hit might very well be accidental. I think when Nash confronted him, Erat plead his case, and Rick gave him the benefit of the doubt. But, Erat is a pro, and he should have been able to pull up, or why penalize him so severely. To the fan watching the game, it looked like a cheap shot.

My biggest bit*ch with the whole thing was a lack of response from the Jackets. Other than Nash, they all just kind of stood there. I wouldn't want them to hurt Erat, but they need to make a statement to the Preds, and the rest of the NHL that they aren't going to tolerate that stuff anymore. You would expect your Preds to do the same, if the roles were reversed.

I like the Preds, cept for Tootoo. I like your grit and intensity. I wouldn't expect anything else from a Trotz coached team. I love a hard hitting well played game between our teams. I don't like cheap shots from anyone.

Be that as it may, looks like Vybes is ok, so no harm done. It was reported that Erat was trying to get a hold of Vybes after the game to apologize to him. Erat is generally a class guy, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote